Thursday, March 15, 2012

a painting and a story

Recently in my art class in school we've been working on independent projects. I started sculpting a tree to hang coffee mugs on, and so far, it's turning out quite lovely. But, as of lately there has been a whole bucket of issues that has dropped over my shoulders and it's been insanely stressful. Most times when I'm feeling stressed I'll just write something about it, but this time I felt the need to paint. To blend every colour together with my hands and just spread it out in the way that I was feeling. So, with that, I did this finger painting. There are quite a few layers built up with different images hidden by the one above, because I believe that's how stress works. So many layers, all building up until you can't take it anymore.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The finger painting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is just a painting I did before Christmas, but only got around to taking a photo of it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...