three hundred and sixty five days ago we didn't realize that time was the key. we didn't realize that we were running out of time to say "I love you" and we were running out of time to go on midnight walks and steal things that were actually ours to take.
three hundred and sixty five days ago I didn't think to ask about your life or what you were feeling because I took time for granted, when really time was against us. I think about those days leading up to your ending and I wish I could make time. I can think of ways to prolong moments, but I can't actually make the twenty fifth hour of the day. the twenty fifth hour that we needed to say "see you later".
that's the thing with endings. they come so suddenly that we don't get the chance to say "see you later". we can think it after the end has come, but we don't ever get to say it.
so now, three hundred and sixty five days later, I'll cherish the time I get each day because I can't make more time. I can free up time, but I can never make it.
a year ago today I didn't know that your ending was coming in twenty four days. the end of your breath, the end of your life. but not the end of your existence.
time stands still for you now.
You don't care. What you post on facebook is totally opposite. You told us to forget about him and now you feel you can post this? You and Dante were never as close as you make this sound.
ReplyDeleteThat's exactly the point. We weren't close, and I wish we would've been.
DeleteAnd I do care, by the way, I also never told anyone to forget about him.