Sunday, February 5, 2012

baking day playlist

The Funeral - Band of Horses
I'm coming up only to hold you under
And coming up only to show you wrong
And to know you is hard; we wonder...
To know you all wrong; we warn.

Ooooooooh Oooooooooh
Ooooooooh Oooooooooh

Really too late to call,
So we wait for; morning to wake you
Is all we got
To know me as hardly golden
Is to know me all wrong, they warn.

At every occasion, I'll be ready for the funeral
At every occasion, once more, it's called the funeral
At every occasion, oh, I'm ready for the funeral
At every occasion, oh, one billion day funeral

I'm coming up only to show you down for
And coming up only to show you wrong.

To the outside: the dead leaves lay on the lawn
For they don't have trees to hang their own.

Ooooooooh Oooooooooh
Ooooooooh Oooooooooh

At every occasion
I'll be ready for the funeral
At every occasion once more
It's called the funeral
At every occasion
Oh, I'm ready for the funeral
Every occasion
Of one billion day funeral


there's something about this song. I don't know what it is, but it's relaxing and saddening and therapeutic all in one. I was baking today and I listened to a wide variety of songs (listed on the bottom) and it was so wonderful. this being one of them. when listening to this song I think about death. about it's suddenness, how it creeps up on some, and how tragic it is for others. but I also think of how beautiful it is for some. I don't know why I felt the need to write about it today, but I did. so yes, that's how I feel about this song. beauty + sadness = thought provoking words.


sunday afternoon baking playlist.
1. If It Hadn't Been For Love - The Steel Drivers (Adele cover)
2. Rolling in the Deep - Adele
3. The Funeral - Band of Horses (above)
4. If I Die Young - The Band Perry
5. Into the Ocean - Blue October
6. Candyman - Christina Aguilera
7. Skyscraper - Demi Lovato
8. Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People
9. How He Loves - David Crowder Band
10. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michealson
11. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
12. My Love - Justin Timberlake
13. Your Hands - JJ Heller
14. Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
15. My Name Is Trouble - Nightmare of You
16. Sæglópur - Sigur Rós
17. Your Ex-Lover Is Dead - Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...