I am generally an overall patient person. I put up with a lot most of the time and I know when to say something if it's needed. I believe that right now is the time for me to speak up about something.
Tonight, I went to the local McDonald's for a coffee with a friend. I never expect it to take a short amount of time and that's because I'm used to waiting there. After receiving my coffee we sat down and the phone started ringing. And ringing.
And ringing.
There were about four people I saw working.
It kept on ringing.
I heard them say things like "Shut up phone", "Someone pick up and put it back down already", "Shut off the damn phone". This phone eventually stopped ringing. But this same occurrence happened two more times within ten minutes.
At that point I lost a bit of my respect for the famous fast food restaurant, simply because the workers didn't have a bit of respect for the rest of humanity to actually answer the phone and ask if they could help them with anything.
I am generally a patient person. I've had my patience tested many times and I know what it feels like when people are impatient with myself. Tonight, I don't think that was patience (or better lack of) that I had. I think I was just disappointed.
If employed in a public service industry, respect is a must towards everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment