Saturday, December 3, 2011

luster

for writers. theme; luster. this is very, very late. like almost a month late.

the luster within me is worn out, dull and covered with the ugly metallic smell of breaking down. the ground beneath me is tired of holding up this heavy frame and I slowly sink to lay my head down. the surface holds a cool touch but it's nothing compared to the wind above and my weary arms find rest in knowing that getting up isn't in the near future. my heart beat slows along with my inhale and exhale and I've now entered the state of rest. no longer looking for it, but in the midst of it. it wraps it's arms around my limp figure and lifts me up to stand strong and tall. as I lift my head up there's someone turning the dial on my spine to make me walk again. to help me along and give me a head start. as I become stronger again the dial breaks off because my training wheels are gone, I'm ready to run for myself and to feel the wind in my hair. the luster has returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...