I just wrote this for a contest on DeviantArt. I'm not expecting to win, but it was worth a try! This is the chapter one to an eight chapter short story about going into 2012, enjoy!
I was placed in a five sided box not long ago, they tell me. I was raised there, taught there, and tortured there. I don't remember my escape.
The letters branded on my arm spell the name Zara. I'm not sure if this is my name, but with the knowledge of almost nothing I think it's safe to assume that this is who I'll call myself.
As I look at these two papers again the cool breeze off the tide strikes my face and awakens me to the morning dawn. I was placed on this vessel by someone who knows my fate and the only thing I'm aware of at this moment is that there is a destiny for me to find once my feet sweep over the land of Tokyo.
Zephyr. The wind blew the word through my ears and left me with an upset feeling. Zephyr. I know I'm meant to find it, whatever it is. But for now all I can do is hope and pray that this life I'm living will be explained to me because fear is all I can think about. I don't know where I'm coming from, all I know is where I'm going. For what, I don't know. A word, a calendar page, this name, and hope. Hope for my life, hope for the future, and hope to survive whatever I'll go through. A hope to conquer, a hope to become stronger, and a hope to help those affected by this incident.
My escape to this place will bring pain, but we only learn from pain. We only learn through struggles, and I guess it's time to face whatever's on my path to forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment