I'm going back to my childhood summer home today, and words can't describe how happy I am to be going back. Camping may seem like such a simple thing to so many people, but to me it's where I grew up when the heat arrived and the sun lasted for hours.
I've been going to this place since I was born and can remember all the things that make me look forward to it each year. The paddle boats, the beach, family birthdays, midnight shopping trips to the Wal-Mart supercenter, the 2 cent (it's gone up in price) tootsie rolls at the candy store where the owners know my name. It'll be so much fun and I can't wait. As a child the 5 hour drive seemed like it was forever, but I know cherish that driving time because it again brings me back to a place of innocence and remembrance from when I was young[er].
One of the reason's I'm so excited to be going is because we weren't going to go this year at all. You see, when I was little my dad owned his own business and we went camping many times in summer because we could. Now, he's a truck driver and it's harder to find the time (plus I have a job now too). I knew we weren't going and I came to the conclusion that I had to be fine with that..and I was.
But after a while of thinking and looking at schedules, we made the time and today...we're leaving to go find our youth again. We're going back to the place that raised me up to who I am when it comes to outdoor stuff (which really isn't much actually).
I'm so excited and I just can't wait to get that US money from the bank, the delicious Pembina coffee right after the border...and just be let loose onto the roads that'll lead us home.
No comments:
Post a Comment