Sunday, August 28, 2011

we're marching on

Lately I've been listening to a lot of OneRepublic (if you haven't heard them, you should!) and all of the songs on their CD Waking Up have such an interesting meaning to me. Three of the songs that've really stood out are All This Time, Marchin' On and Secrets.

I used to deal a lot with bad self image issues when I was younger and had a lot of pain and such that I needed to get through. Now that I'm over it and I'm listening to these songs they all speak to me in a way I never would've imagined. In the song Secrets there's a line that says "'Til all my sleeves are stained red" and then later on it says "I'm gonna give all my secrets away". When I hear those words it brings back memories of both good and bad and how I'm still in that process of giving it all away.


When I listen to Marchin' On, it reminds me to keep going. No matter what we've been through or how bad our day was, we need to keep marching on. People count on us and we count on others as well, we can't just disappear.

And then in All This Time it reminds me to keep my eyes open for someone to grow old with. I need to have patience that I actually will find someone who appreciates and accepts me for who I am. My favourite line would have to be "Got all these words, can't waste them on another, so I'm straight in a straight line running back to you". Some day I'll have that other person to run to and it'll be glorious. I've been telling myself lately that I want this song played at my wedding one day because it's so fitting for that setting.

So with that, let's keep marching on :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...