Monday, January 30, 2012

truth in life, truth in death

sometimes, when the sun catches my attention for a moment, I forget about what's been said. the pure warmth and beauty caresses my soul and it's as if nothing was ever done to stir up the dead. when the heat wraps around my heart I know it's going to be alright, because we all make mistakes. we all do things that aren't pleasing to others, and we do things that will ruin us forever. if I could just sit in the rays a little while longer, maybe I'd forget all that was done. maybe I could forget what you did to me, and what you didn't allow me to say. you took the words I had, the words I was allowed to say because it's truth...and removed them from peoples ears and eyes. I don't know what to think anymore, but maybe that's okay. if I could just soak in the golden glow and let my mind melt into a puddle of happiness, none of this would matter.

but I can't let myself do that.
not now at least.

I'm not strong enough to see you hurt those who love you most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...