Monday, September 19, 2011

Adele

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

within the last few days or so, I've been listening to a lot of Adele. I always listen to her, really. 21 is in my car and I turn it up to drown out my thoughts.

When I listen to Adele and sing her songs I feel different than I do when listening to other "popular" music. I feel strong and energetic. But at the same time my heart hurts while listening to it because it reminds me of times in my own life (not always, but sometimes).

like the song Someone Like You, it reminds me of when my cousin Dante died. that evening I was watching Grey's Anatomy and that song played when someone almost died in a car accident. the song as nothing to do with death, but in my mind that's all I see or hear while listening to it. I still love the song and listen to it all the time (right now actually) because I'm hoping that if I listen to it enough it will become more than something that reminds me of death.

with the rest of Adele's songs (on both albums) I feel powerful and strong. sure, both albums are about relationships and endings, but they're also about becoming someone new out of it; a refresher. When I watch the music video for Rolling In The Deep I get inspired to take photos. I love taking photos for people and of people and her video makes me so excited. I love the theme and style and the simplicity of her strength.

but mostly the thing I love about Adele and her music is how real she is. she's a plus sized woman with a beautiful voice and she doesn't ever hide who she is because she's ashamed. she's proud of who she is.

it's about time the world starts noticing people with real talent and people who love what they do; because she's not doing it for just others, but for herself as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...