Wednesday, September 7, 2011

a missing graduate

Today, for the majority of people in A-town, it is the first day of school. It's the start of something fresh and new and a grade up into another step towards maturity. But, tomorrow grades 10-12 return to their second home during these next 10 months to start another (or their last) year.

Only recently have I become honest with myself and realization hit as to why I don't want to return this year. The class of 2012 is missing someone and that someone is my cousin, Dante. When he was killed in an accident in late March of this year, the pain was terrible, but we've all been recovering as fast as it comes.

This year as I walk through the doors tomorrow, someone is missing. His life is not continuing and he is not graduating to live a life of career and work and family and possible future love. He's gone. He's found his eternal home, and nothing could be better than that.

So why am I still not excited about my last year with knowing all this...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...