Wednesday, September 21, 2011

nostalgia at it's best

it's nights like these that make life nostalgic. after donating blood today for the third time I went home and made supper for my brother and his girlfriend, which was wonderful. there's just something special about cooking and baking for people that makes it so much more fun. I find I put more effort and love into it.

afterwords, it was the grand opening of Once Upon A Bean tonight (a local coffee shop that is so fantastic) and drinks were half price; so wonderful. after receiving my large Reese's Pieces Latte I walked across the street to a place that I've missed so much over the summer. youth started again tonight (technically last week...) and I felt like I was at home again. a home that is just perfect and washes over you because God is so fantastic and the feeling is indescribable. we sang songs and listened to His word and love was pouring out of all of us and going right back in. a sense of peace washed over me and I remembered why summer felt so off this year. coming back this place of God was just so awesome.

and again, when youth ended and the night was beginning to be young and old all at once, I returned to Once Upon A Bean to finish off the glory with a Chai Latte. a perfect end to an almost perfect day.

this is nostalgia at it's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...