Thursday, September 8, 2011

last first day.

I think one of the things that hurt me most today was seeing how cold old friends can be realizing how alone you are in a sea of 460 familiar faces.

I knew it would be a tough day, but I'm tired of pretending that I don't care anymore or that it doesn't matter. Because it's the littlest things that hurt the most. Walking in the hallways and new classes discovering who's all there is usually easy, today not so much. I don't think I've ever walked so fast in my life to just get out of sight.

The tension that lingers in the room makes me feel like I'm suffocating and I don't think my heart has beat that much during an english class before in my life. It's supposed to be a place to express emotions and there's supposed to be no wrong answer about anything. But it's no longer my place to express it, because it's just another reason for you to hate me.

2 comments:

  1. It won't be like this forever, I promise. Someday you will look back at those ridiculously awkward times and really treasure them. High school...is only ever going to be just that - high school. Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm sure it will get better :) It just really sucks sometimes.
    But thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...